Message to media planners: mobile = touchdown!
InMobi’s Super Bowl survey shows viewers were highly engaged on their mobile devices during the game, proving mobile advertising plays a critical role in an effective Super Bowl advertising strategy.
1. Nearly twice as many respondents used their phone during the first half of the game compared to the second half.
2. 39% used their mobile devices in response to watching a commercial during the game to:
- Look up product information
- Re-watch a commercial
- Discuss and comment on commercials
3. 30% said they used their mobile devices the most during commercials
4. 45% estimated time spent during the game at 30 minutes or more
- The Super Bowl may be TV’s biggest advertising event of the year in the U.S., but mobile is truly a force to be reckoned with.
- If you are trying to engage with mobile users, do so during the first half of the game.
- Super Bowl viewers use their phones during the game, and spend a significant amount of time doing so.