World AIDS Day is held on 1st December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV. This year Apple is doing their bit by contributing all proceeds from a special section on the app store, towards the Global Fund to fight AIDS. Called Apps for (RED), this section of the app store features exclusive content created for (RED) by developers of popular apps across the world.
Some of the examples of Apps for (RED) include:
1. FIFA 15 Ultimate Team players can compete in a (RED) Tournament and Team of the Week event.
2. Angry Birds has a (RED)-themed level and a powe(RED)-up Mighty Feathers bonus for Red Bird.
3. Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’s aspiring celebrity players can treat themselves to special items including (BEATS) RED Solo2 headphones
4. Clash of Clans warriors can battle with RED gems and display a (RED) badge of honor on the village’s town hall.
5. Cut the Rope 2 features items including a new red hat, red touch print, red balloons and a red ginger cookie that were released for this campaign.
Some games such as UsTwo’s breathtaking Monument Valley have gone a step further and have released an entire chapter of their game. Called Ida’s (RED) Dream, this features the protagonist Ida decked out in red as you guide her through the twists and turns of the final chapter.
Apple are also donating a portion of every sale at Apple’s retail and online stores to the Global Fund to fight AIDS.
Do your bit and check out these exclusive releases!