12 Interesting Facts About Tablets You May Not Know
In five years, I dont think therell be a reason to have a tablet anymore, said Thorsten Heins, CEO, BlackBerry, much to Google and Apples surprise.
With all the speculation around the lifespan of the tablet, here are a few interesting facts that show how this device is being used and what it means to its users:
- There are 126 million tablet users in the world which is expected to reach 150 million by the end of 2013.
- Tablet acquisition rises with age with the 25-54-year age group accounting for the maximum number of users.
- Android tablets are on fire! They have already surpassed Apple with a market share of 57%.
- 49% of adult tablet users have a college degree and 55% earn more than $75,000 a year.
- Average tablet usage is 14 hours a week, ahead of smartphone and PC usage.
- Smartphone owners who use tablets spend nearly three times more time on apps than those who dont own a tablet.
- 69% of users use their tablets more frequently on weekdays than weekends.
- In 2012, an average tablet user spent $359 on buying products online.
- With 46% of tablet users claiming they share their device, tablets are less personal than smartphones, which are shared by 34% of users.
- 84% of tablet users indulge in gaming, 78% in searching for information, and 74% in accessing their e-mail.
- 9 out of 10 users prefer a Wi-Fi only tablet to a 3G tablet.
- With tablet usage gaining popularity, desktop usage is likely to go down by 75%. By the end of 2013, tablet sales will surpass laptop sales globally.
The above facts seem to paint a picture of the bright future of tablets and eliminate any need for inferences.