12 Interesting Facts About Tablets You May Not Know
In five years, I dont think therell be a reason to have a tablet anymore, said Thorsten Heins, CEO, BlackBerry, much to Google and Apples surprise.
With all the speculation around the lifespan of the tablet, here are a few interesting facts that show how this device is being used and what it means to its users:
- There are 126 million tablet users in the world which is expected to reach 150 million by the end of 2013.
- Tablet acquisition rises with age with the 25-54-year age group accounting for the maximum number of users.
- Android tablets are on fire! They have already surpassed Apple with a market share of 57%.
- 49% of adult tablet users have a college degree and 55% earn more than $75,000 a year.
- Average tablet usage is 14 hours a week, ahead of smartphone and PC usage.
- Smartphone owners who use tablets spend nearly three times more time on apps than those who dont own a tablet.
- 69% of users use their tablets more frequently on weekdays than weekends.
- In 2012, an average tablet user spent $359 on buying products online.
- With 46% of tablet users claiming they share their device, tablets are less personal than smartphones, which are shared by 34% of users.
- 84% of tablet users indulge in gaming, 78% in searching for information, and 74% in accessing their e-mail.
- 9 out of 10 users prefer a Wi-Fi only tablet to a 3G tablet.
- With tablet usage gaining popularity, desktop usage is likely to go down by 75%. By the end of 2013, tablet sales will surpass laptop sales globally.
The above facts seem to paint a picture of the bright future of tablets and eliminate any need for inferences.
Fill the form, and one of our mobile experts in your region will get in touch with you shortly.