Android Continues to lead the Global Mobile Ad Impression Market
Today we released our
which reported the latest mobile device and operating
share trends on the InMobi network.
Here are some of the global highlights:
- Overall, the volume of impressions in Q4 2013 was up, globally, significantly on the InMobi network since the previous quarter. Of the growth, in-application ads contributed to 53% of mobile ad impressions.
- On the device front, smartphones accounted for 61% of total platform impressions in Q4 2013. Tablets accounted for almost 15% of the total platform impressions, up 1.7% from the previous quarter.
- When it comes to the overall share of manufacturer impressions across smartphones and tablets globally, Samsung is the clear leader with 31% market share, followed by Apple (27%) and Nokia (20%).
- In terms of advertising by operating system, Android is the largest OS on our platform (39%), growing 3% from Q3 2013. Apple contributed to 27% of impressions, down 0.8% from the previous quarter.
- On the handset front, Apple devices dominated in ad impressions across the globe in Q4, but some Samsung mobile devices appeared to see greater engagement.
Note: The data presented in the report was sourced from the InMobi mobile advertising network for Q4 2013.
To learn more about data in specific regions/countries,
click here to download InMobi Network Research Q4 2013.
connecting with our team to hear more about the data and how it could impact
your business? Please reach out to our marketing team at