Today we released our
Q2 2014 Network Research, which reported on the latest mobile device and OS share trends on the InMobi network.
Here are some of the global highlights:
- Overall, the volume of impressions globally in Q2 2014 on the InMobi network was up significantly compared to the previous quarter. This growth was driven by in-app ads that contributed 62.3 percent of mobile ad impressions.
- Smartphones still account for the lion’s share of impressions with 72%, up 4.2 percentage points from the previous quarter. Ad impressions from tablets accounted for almost 16% of the total platform impressions in Q2 2014.
- Samsung leads the table of manufactures in terms of impressions, followed by Apple. Nokia, despite its global decline still contributes a sizeable 13% of impressions, though its share has declined by 2.2% compared to Q1 2014.
- Android is the largest OS on the InMobi Ad Network (50%), growing 4.3 % from Q1 2014. Apple contributed to 30% of impressions, up marginally by 1.0% from the previous quarter.
- On the handset front, Apple devices dominated in ad impression share across the globe in Q2 2014, but some Samsung mobile devices appeared to see greater engagement.
Note: The data presented in the report was sourced from the InMobi mobile advertising network for Q2 2014.
To learn more about regions/countries:
Click here to download InMobi Network Research Q2 2014.
Interested in understanding more about this report and how it could impact your business? Reach out to our insights team at