The research team at InMobi is keeping busy as ever and we're excited to have released our latest series of research reports dubbed the Mobile Media Consumption research yesterday at Mobile World Congress. This report is the first of a series to cover 18 countries on an on-going basis to keep abreast of how mobile devices have changed the way we consume media. The research focuses on consumers who use mobile web services, either through a browser or application and includes all types of mobile devices (smartphone, advanced phones, tablets, etc.) This research series will provide an on-going view of details including: media consumption by channel, time of use, activities conducted via mobile, mobile's impact on purchase decisions, etc. Check out the video summary: [youtube L3li207NZbA 520] Infographic:
Here are a few key statistics from our first global release:
- Mobile has surpassed TV in terms of time, with consumers spending 27% of their media time on mobile, compared to 22% on TV.
- 39% of consumers use their mobile phones while watching TV.
- Three quarters of mobile consumers plan to conduct mCommerce activities within the next year (76%).
- 42% of mobile consumers claim mobile advertising has introduced them to something new.
- 66% of mobile users are just as comfortable with mobile advertising as they are with TV or online advertising.
- Advertising on mobile devices has led to mobile gaining tremendous popularity as a viable shopping channel, with
- 42% of respondents indicating that mobile ads have introduced them to something new
- 23% of respondents indicating that mobile ads saves time and money
- 14% of respondents indicating that mobile ads have influenced them to buy via mobile
Stay tuned for much more to come...