Home to diverse festivities and cultures, India hosts a quarter-long festive season that kicks off from September lasting till the end of the year. With the pandemic bringing forth a ‘Digi-fest’ last year, how are Indians planning to celebrate this festive season? We leveraged our consumer intelligence platform InMobi Pulse to understand the shopping sentiment and outlook this year, consumer expectations from online and offline brands, and the best ways for marketers to guide connected consumers during the moments of truth. As the year comes to an end, our report ‘Decoding the Connected Indian Festive Shopper in 2021’ helps brands strike a chord with festive shoppers this year.
• Shopping Budgets Spike: A positive festive spirit prevails as the connected consumers in India look forward to celebrating this season on high notes and indulging in the shopping spree. 72% of consumers plan to shop during this festive season, and the average shopping budget accounts for a massive INR 21,230.
• The Longest Digi-fest: Digital continues to spearhead the shopping sale this year, as consumers prefer to research, learn, and shop online. 62% are keen on shopping online, while 32% plan to shop both online and offline.
• Apparel, Household appliances, Gifting items, and Jewelry are the top categories that consumers from India are searching for this festive season.
• Unique Buyer Personas Emerge: The report highlights the emergence of 3 key buyer personas for the upcoming festive shopping; 1. Bargain Hunters – the price-conscious consumers, 2. Category Explorers- consumers who are exploring different brands/products, and 3. Brand Lovers – audiences with high brand affinity.
• Unplanned Purchases Thrive: With close to 47% of ‘undecided’ or ‘completely unplanned’ festive shoppers, brands have the opportunity to tap into the shopping moments to drive relevance and meaningful interactions.
• Relevant Offers Matter: The effect of the pandemic, constrained budgets, and not receiving relevant offers are the 3 top reasons why 28% of consumers are not indulging in shopping this season. Brands must convert this into an opportunity and reach these audiences with relevant offers to drive festive sales.
• Household Targeting: Household targeting has become increasingly important to reach out to multiple personas within a household based on cross-device attribution, audience reach extension, and online to online and online to offline attribution. This will enable brands to guide families along the festive shopping journey.
• The 3-Stage Formula: While leveraging custom creatives can spark curiosity among consumers, interactive video ads enable brands to drive high engagement. When backed by remarketing ads, these initiatives can truly drive full-funnel engagement by engaging, acquiring, and retaining the consumers.
• Capture Purchase Intent: Consumers are seeking contactless experiences more than ever. To drive digital store-like experiences and to capture purchase intent, brands must highlight digital features such as Store tours, 3600 views, shoppable carousels, and much more.
As the report deep dives into these findings, marketers truly have an opportunity to learn more insights on the evolving role of mobile as the preferred shopping channel, and the best ways for brands to turn this festive season into a blockbuster one. Download our report ‘Decoding the Connected Indian Festive Shopper in 2021’ .
Register to our blog updates newsletter to receive the latest content in your inbox.