Step 1: Identify > Group > Plan
With InMobi-Gojek Audiences, Mondelēz could identify Indonesians who purchased chocolate and divide them into three types of general chocolate transactors – the chocolate lovers, Cadbury Dairy Milk transactors – the Dairy Milk loyalists, and non-Cadbury Dairy Milk transactors – who bought chocolate from competitor brands. This grouping was a great start for Mondelēz and InMobi to plan how they would effectively reach and convert these audiences.
Step 2: Customize > Reach > Convert
The next step for Mondelēz and InMobi was to create communication that would tempt these chocolate fans. True to the richness of the chocolate, Mondelēz and InMobi created an immersive rich media experience to keep the audience hooked and drive action.
The brand leveraged Dynamic Creative Optimization to customize the experience and appeal to the three groups of audiences found:
1. Cadbury Dairy Milk transactors first saw a shopping list with the chocolate mentioned on it and a conversational message in Bahasa, asking them not to forget to add their favorite chocolate to the cart while they go grocery shopping. On tapping it, a video with Mondelēz’s signature striking visuals of rich milk and swirling chocolate would be played. The call to action drove them to find the nearest stores.
2. Non-Cadbury Dairy Milk transactors saw a drool-worthy image of the Dairy Milk chocolate cubes and the memorable two glasses of milk pouring into it with the message, “Feel the softness of chocolate combined with the goodness of milk” in Bahasa. On tapping it, the signature video with tempting chocolate and milk would be played. Here too, the call to action was, “Find the nearest stores”.
3. General chocolate transactors instantly saw appealing visuals of chocolate in motion, with the message (in Bahasa) indicating how Cadbury Dairy Milk is made with the goodness of milk, leaving a soft and creamy texture in the mouth. As with the above two experiences, the call to action led them to find stores nearby.
See how Mondelēz truly appealed to the chocolate connoisseur?
Step 3: Regroup > Measure > Assess
We now come to the extensive three-part analysis and measurement that was done to track the impact of Mondelēz and InMobi’s efforts.
1. Assessing offline purchase interest with InMobi’s Footfall Attribution: With precise polygon mapping methodology, InMobi can track Indonesians at the store level with 95% accuracy and measure the actual increase in visits to the store. This ability was key to understanding how this mobile campaign by Mondelēz influenced purchase behavior. We will show you the number of store visits and uplift in footfall when we get to the results.
2. Acing online-to-offline attribution: In an intelligent move, InMobi shared the campaign details and experiences with Snapcart, after which an attribution survey was launched to check how many people were exposed to the campaign and how the creatives influenced their purchase decision and consumption.
3. Analyzing recall and purchase consideration with a brand lift study: While the above two analyses were going on, InMobi conducted a brand lift study to find out if people remembered the rich experience created and see how it impacted their consideration to purchase a bar of the iconic Cadbury Dairy Milk.