Consumer Research: InMobi and IAB - US Live Entertainment Seekers [Raising the Curtain on Mobile]
InMobi partnered with the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and Decision Fuel (now YouGov) to examine how US live entertainment seekers (e.g. live music lovers and live performance aficionados) are using mobile media and how advertisers can best communicate with this audience.
InMobi’s Vertical Insights Research Series helps brand advertisers understand how consumers are using mobile media to research and shop for certain types of products and how mobile complements other channels throughout the purchase process.
· 89 percent of live entertainment seekers conducted mobile activities in direct relation to performances they’ve attended in the last six months
· Mobile rivals TV as the preferred media channel for getting information on live performances (60% mobile vs. 53% TV)
· 41 percent purchase concert and show tickets directly through mobile devices
· Over three quarters (78%) use mobile to help plan trips to shows
· 22 percent “check in” at a live performance via social apps
· Nearly a third (31%) use mobile to make plans for before or after a show
InMobi and IAB conducted an on-device survey over the Decision Fuel mobile platform. Respondents were recruited via the InMobi mobile ad network in the US during 2014 Q1. A sample was taken of n = 695 US mobile users. The survey results were targeted and weighted to represent the US mobile population.